Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Beadsmith Pliers



From right to left.
Posted by Picasa



what these are from left to right:

3. Beadsmith "La Femme" Ergo Pliers, Flat Nose (I use it for straightening wire kinks, and holding it. doesn't bruise provided you don't gripe too hard).
2. Beadsmith "La Femme" Ergo Pliers Round Nose (As a wire wrapping artist, you will always need one.) I'm happy with this, but maybe later on. . . .
1.Beadsmith "La Femme" Ergo Pliers, Side Cutter


I'll keep this blog short and sweet. I love my beadsmith pliers. For three good reasons ( I love using the nice wholesome number of 3 goes with the short and .... philosophy I have). First of all, they are ergonomic so they adhere to the shape of my fingers and how I handle them. A close second reason is -- their reasonable prices because let's face it for a a beginner wirewrapping jewelry artist you can lust after Lindstrom or other high end jewelry tools but it makes sense to pick mid-range priced pliers and I can't say I would consider moving up to Lindstrom. As it is, these smooth yet pliant handles have been good to my fingers.

Third reason - they look pretty and I like pretty:-).


NOTE TO SELF: Check the handles, common sense should have made me realize that if the handles aren't that smooth, don't buy. For iff you spend a lot of hours using these pliers and the handles aren't smmoth or ergonomic, your fingers will hurt and in the past it did.

These pliers work for me -- very well. I bought them at auntiesbeads.com at an average price of 7.00 dollars each.

No comments:

Post a Comment